Meeting – March 12, 2011
The Oak Room
@ LaQuinta Inn, Tacoma, WA.
1. Meeting Called to Order -- PNKCA Chairman Elsie Richardson called the meeting to order at 11 a.m.
Other Board members in attendance were Vice-Chairman Jerry Hames, and Secretary Carmen Stafford. Treasurer Lucy Macneil did
not attend. Chris Charbonneau took Lucy’s place at this meeting.
Elsie welcomed Web Master
Phyllis Anderson, and past Chairmen Lindsay Gibson, Larry Christensen, Linda Montgomery and Gene Anderson.
2. 2010 Convention Meeting Minutes, Boise Idaho – The Representative’s meeting minutes from
the Aug. 28, 2010 Convention were approved as written.
3. PNKCA Treasurer’s Report – Chris Charbonneau, reporting for Lucy Macneil, said the net
income from the Boise Convention was $2511.30. Also the Special Slate Auction brought in $1100, the Convention Proceeds $1877.15,
the Super Raffle $1231 and the Pins and Shirts $713. She added that the expense for insurance was $635 and the rebate to the
host club was $469.29. The Treasurer’s Report was approved as written.
4. Convention 2010 Overview – Reporting for Sot Chimonas, Elsie stated that the Idaho Water Garden
Society & Koi Club put on a wonderful convention. She said Russ Centanni and Randy Tuckness were a pleasure to work with,
were really on the ball and got things done.
5 & 6 Bronze Koi
Award and 2011 ZNA Membership Drive -- Larry Christensen
who is the Nominating Committee Chairman for the Bronze Koi award reminded the reps that their nominations needed to be submitted
no later than March 31, 2011. He also invited attendees to become a member of the ZNA and outlined the benefits of joining.
7. Ed Fujimoto Award -- Jerry Hames reported that he had 11 nominations in and encouraged people to
send in their nominations if they had not already done so. The deadline to do so is March 31, 2011.
8. PNKCA Koi of the Year Award -- Phyllis Anderson reported that the deadline to submit photos of koi
for the PNKCA Koi of the Year Award is May 15. She said the photo must be current, and that the fish are still living. J
9. Club Representative Reports
the club representatives reported on their 2011 activities, except for the Idaho Water
Garden and Koi Society, whose
reps did not attend.
10. PNKCA Promotional Koi Grants 2010
1. Olympia Koi, Goldfish & Water Garden Club – Paid
Koi & Goldfish Society – Paid
Columbia Koi Club – Paid
4. Puget Sound Koi Club – Paid
5. Washington Koi & Water Garden Society – Paid
6. Inland Empire Water
Garden & Koi Society – Paid
11. PNKCA Convention 2011 – The June 3-5 convention will be hosted by Northwest Koi & Goldfish Society.
Member Sally Karo said that vendors will begin setting up Thursday evening. On Friday there will be a beginner’s wet
lab and a class on growing and trimming Bonsai. On Friday evening there will be a no-host get together. She outlined the speakers
for Saturday which included Toshio Sakai, Tom Holder and Joel Burkhard, among several others. There will be an evening banquet
and a pond tour on Sunday.
12. PNKCA Super Raffle 2011 – Elsie thanked Carmen and Phyllis Anderson for their hard work in obtaining
the Super Raffle items. Our supporters are:
Koi Ponds – Steve Joneli
Joe’s Koi – Joe Augsburger
Kodama Koi Farms – Taro Kadama
Peter Enfield will be donating
another slate which will be auctioned for the PNKCA after the Saturday night banquet.
13. Future PNKCA Conventions – Elsie strongly encourage anyone who was willing to step up to hold the
2012 or 2013 conventions. She also asked for contributions to the PNKCA Manual
14. Insurance Renewal – Elsie said the PNKCA insurance for the Officers and the Representatives cost
$665 last year. It was voted and approved to continue the insurance this year.
15. Treasurer Audit – In changing over officers, an audit of the books as verified by the bank records,
needs to be done. Pat Christensen, who is the incoming treasurer, said she would do the audit.
16. Committee to Bring Convention Manual up to date – There was some discussion on bringing the convention
manuals up to date so the “wheel doesn’t have to be re-invented” on getting information to the hosting clubs
every time there is one of these events. Linda Montgomery is the Chairman of the committee in charge of bringing the convention
manuals up to date. She asked for every ones help in locating any missing manuals.
17. 2011 Events & NW Koi Shows for PNKCA Clubs
18. PNKCA 2011 Promotional Grants
The vote was unanimous to
accept the following clubs to receive the 2011 PNKCA grants:
· Northwest Koi & Goldfish Society
· Cascade Koi & Goldfish Club
· North Idaho Koi Keepers
· Siskiyou Koi & Pond Club
· Mid Columbia Koi
& Pond Club
· Idaho Watergarden & Koi Society
The Puget Sound Koi Club
will be the alternate, and eligible to receive the grant should one of the clubs not get their activity done.
19. Nominations for 2011– 2013 PNKCA Board – Nominations were taken at the meeting and the final
vote will be in June. Unless they are contested, the new officers will be:
Vice – Chairman Chris Charbonneau
The Rep Attendees
for this meeting included:
Cascade Koi &
Canada Koi Club
and Canada Koi Club
Garden and Koi Society
No one attended
Inland Empire Water
Garden & Koi Society
Dianna Lynn Rehn
North Idaho Koi Keepers
Koi & Pond Club
& Goldfish Club
Olympic Koi Goldfish
& Watergarden Club
Russ and Helen
Koi & Watergarden Society
Randy and Kim Brock
Puget Sound Koi Club
& Water Garden